How To Make Your Bowl Super: Cannabis Football Party Ideas
Football season is in full swing, and the biggest game of them all is just around the corner! If you’re looking for a creative way to cheer on your favorite team this year, why not throw an unforgettable cannabis-themed football party with friends? Whether you want to get crafty making edibles to celebrate touchdowns or provide colorful décor that will make everyone feel like they’re in their own special sports bar, we’ve got some fun ideas to make sure your game day gathering is truly one-of-a-kind.
So put on your jerseys and roll up a few joints – it's time for kick off!
Cannabis and football can co-exist in harmony at the next Cannabis football party you host! Decorating for a cannabis-themed soiree has never been easier with all the cannabis football party décor ideas available. Unleash your creativity to generate a unique cannabis twist on the classic game of football – set the tone by adorning walls with green and gold streamers and balloons, or hang up banners to add a touch of sophistication. For added fun, show your team spirit by hanging up jerseys or helmets of your favorite team. Work in some fan gear accessories such as rally towels, pre-filled with snacks. Whatever cannabis football party decorating style you choose, you can make an impact bycelebrating cannabis style!
Plan Cannabis-Themed Party Games
Of course, your guests are there to watch the big game (and, if you’re like me, the ads) – but why not make it even more fun by adding some football-themed games like charades or cornhole?
A great one to start with is a cannabis inspired game of charades – split into two teams, each team taking turns to guess what their teammate is acting out. You can make it cannabis themed by using buzzwords like 'blaze', 'vape' or 'bud'. Make it even more fun by having your guests lead up chants or come up with unique scenes for others to act out. If that's not your thing, why not set up cornhole outside? Arrange the boards in the shape of a football field and let guests take turns throwing bean bags from one end zone to another as they build their camaraderie over friendly competition! Either way, it's sure to be a hilarious time!
Create a Game Day LVII Playlist Featuring Rihanna
Grammy award winning artist and cannabis advocate, Rihanna, is this year's BIG game halftime show. We can’t wait - so why not create a vibe for the party with a Game Day Playlist Featuring Rihanna?
From "Umbrella" to "Work" and her latest hit single "Love on the Brain," Rihanna’s top hits will make sure that the vibe is always popping. Plus, it'll make your guests feel even more connected to watching Rihanna rock out on one of the biggest stages in sports.
Check out our curated list of party songs for your football fiesta:
The Big Game
"Lift Me Up"
"Drop It Like It’s Hot"
Cannabis Game Day Munchies
If you're planning a cannabis football party, an essential part of the equation is snacks. Amp up game-time treats with a selection (of clearly labeled!) cannabis-infused goodies that will help add to the fun atmosphere. From THC brownies to cannabis cookies, there's no limit to the creativity you can bring to these cannabis party snacks. There's something special about winding down and watching your favorite team compete while simultaneously enjoying an edible cannabis treat - making it a winning combination for any fan!
In a recreational state? Plan ahead by preparing cannabis snacks for everyone to enjoy during the big game!
Below are a few of our favorite cannabis game day recipes. Remember, if you make cannabis-infused treats to share, calculate the mg THC per serving and clearly label each!
Spicy Cannabis-Infused Queso Dip
- 1 lb. of queso dip, preferably a soft one such as Monterey Jack
- 4 jalapeños, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis-infused olive oil, coconut oil, or butter
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by melting the queso dip in a saucepan over low heat. Stirring constantly until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Once the queso has melted, add in the cannabis-infused oil or butter and stir until combined.
- Add in the jalapeños, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to taste and stir until all ingredients are combined evenly throughout the dip.
- Remove from heat and pour into a serving bowl if ready to serve right away or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until needed – this can be made up to two days ahead of time!
- For serving, warm up the dip briefly before scooping onto chips or nachos for a delectable snack!
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 ounce), drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of premium-grade cannabis extract or tincture
- Place the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Once blended, add the cannabis extract or tincture and blend again until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Scoop the hummus into a bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired. Serve with vegetables or pita chips as desired!
Cannabis Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cannabis tincture
- ½ cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 24 ounce can of tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375° F and lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, cannabis tincture, onions, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into small meatballs and then place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot over medium heat, add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Gently add the cooked meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes or until fully heated through and the sauce has slightly thickened around the meatballs.
Blazed Honey-Soy Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce or hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused butter or oil (or more, to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, chili flakes, garlic powder, and ground ginger. Stir to combine ingredients into an oil paste.
- Rinse chicken wings with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel before adding to the bowl of spices. Toss chicken wings in the spice mixture until evenly coated with the oil paste then arrange on the parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, flipping halfway through cooking time if desired.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the honey-soy glaze by whisking together honey, soy sauce, sriracha (or hot sauce) and cannabis-infused butter or oil in a small bowl until well combined.
- Once the wings have cooked for 25 minutes, remove from oven and transfer them to a large mixing bowl along with the prepared honey-soy glaze mixture and coat evenly using tongs or two spoons; toss until all of the pieces are covered with glaze before transferring back to baking sheet in a single layer again.
- Broil for 5 minutes until glaze is bubbly and slightly charred around edges – this will give your wings that signature “blazing” effect!
- Remove from heat when done and serve immediately while still warm – enjoy!
Cannabis Infused Game Day Drinks
Cannabis-infused game day drinks are an exciting way to liven up any sports party. Each delicious beverage is non-alcoholic and can be enjoyed by everyone while they cheer together on their favorite team. Transform your traditional game day refreshments by switching up their ingredients with the addition of cannabis infused oils or extracts, making each drink even more unique and flavorful. Cannabis-infused game day drinks are not only a tasty way to celebrate your team's victory but also can provide the added bonus of helping to keep the party going with an extra-special kick.
- 1 box of your favorite flavor of Jell-O
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 ounce of your favorite tincture (100 mg)
- Boil 1 cup of water in a saucepan, on the stove.
- While water is boiling, place Jell-O mix into a mixing bowl.
- Pour boiling water into a mixing bowl with Jell-O and whisk until it completely dissolves.
- Add 1 ounce of your favorite cannabis tincture and cold water to the bowl and whisk.
- Slowly pour your mixture into 24 separate 2 ounce cups on a cookie sheet.
- Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Canna Fruit Punch
- 60 mg cannabis tincture (for 6 servings, about 10mg THC per drink)
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 4 cups tart cherry juice
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- Berries and orange slices for garnish
- Fresh cranberries
- In a large punch bowl, combine pineapple juice, cherry juice, orange juice, ginger ale, almond extract and cannabis tincture
- Stir to combine and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve with orange slices and fresh berries.
Cannabis-Infused Virgin Bloody Mary
- 15 ml cannabis tincture (for a single serving)
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 150 ml tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- Optional ingredients for garnish: Lemon peel, salt, pepper, celery stalk
- Put 15 ml of the cannabis tincture, the Worcester sauce, tomato juice, lemon juice and Tabasco into a shaker and have a go at it with some vigorous shaking!
- Pour everything into a large drink glass.
- If you want it to look somewhat nice and fancy, use the lemon peel, the spices and celery as a garnish.
Canna-Infused Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces of chocolate chopped (approx. 2 Hershey chocolate bars)
- 2 pieces of cannabis-infused chocolate (10mg THC each, or your desired dose)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Put milk in a small saucepan and place on the stovetop over medium heat, do not let it boil.
- While the milk is heating, place all the chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. Take the chocolate out and stir it. Return to the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds, remove and stir. Continue until just melted.
- When the milk reaches the scalding point (180 degrees F), turn off the heat and add the melted chocolate, whisking to combine. Add the vanilla extract.
- Pour into two mugs and top with whipped cream or marshmallows if desired and enjoy!
Celebrating the Big Game in Arizona?
Good news! Zen Leaf has six medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries in Arizona. So, whether you live here and need to stock up on your meds or you’re visiting for the the big game and want to shop recreationally, we’ve got you covered.
Head over to our Arizona Dispensary Locator to find a Zen Leaf near you. Our knowledgeable staff will help you find the perfect product for your needs, whether you’re a first-time user or a seasoned veteran.
Get ready to cheer on your team, enjoy some good company and great cannabis products, and make this big game one for the books!
Digital Content Manager for MÜV Florida and Zen Leaf Dispensaries. A cannabis connoisseur with a passion for explaining the miraculous possibility of the plant, Swan began her journey with cannabis as a recreational user and quickly realized its positive impact on her depression and severe anxiety. She joined the cannabis industry as Receptionist and MedTender and witnessed first-hand the immense potential of the plant for a wide variety of ailments, deepening her passion for alternative medicine. Swan is dedicated to self-education on the plant and sharing its potential with all. She holds a Journalism degree from the University of Iowa.
Get all of the tips you need to make edibles at home. Learn how to create delectable treats using your favorite strain or extract.
Think of 710 Day as 420’s oilier, more potent little cousin. Learn why and how to celebrate cannabis concentrates in style this July 10.