- You know exactly what’s in your drink. You can be sure of the dosage and quality of the cannabis, which is important for both medical and recreational users.
- You can save money. For example, making your own cannabis drinks can be cheaper and make a larger quantity than buying them from a dispensary or cafe.
- You can be creative. There are endless possibilities when it comes to making your cannabis drinks. You can infuse them with unusual flavors, add fruits or herbs, and create buzzy or non-alcoholic options.
The Basics Of Making Cannabis Drinks
First, it’s important to understand that not all cannabis is created equal. The strain of cannabis and the type of cannabis product you use will have a substantial impact on the final beverage. For example, if you’re looking to make a drink that will get you high, you’ll want to use a strain of cannabis that contains THC. On the other hand, if you’re looking for a therapeutic beverage to relax without the psychoactive effects, you’ll want to use a strain high in CBD, with little THC.
One final thing to remember is that the effects achieved by consuming cannabis drinks can take longer to kick in than with smoking or vaping because the cannabis compounds have to be absorbed through the digestive system. For this reason, if you are new to this dosing method, it’s important to start with a smaller serving and wait to consume more until you know how you’ll feel.
The Value of Using Local Ingredients
If you want to make the most of your cannabis drink, it’s essential to use local ingredients whenever possible. This not only supports your local economy but also ensures that your drink is as fresh as possible. When ingredients are sourced locally, they haven’t had to travel as far and are less likely to be damaged or degraded. Local ingredients are also more affordable, safe, and nutritious.
Some great local ingredients to use in cannabis drinks include:
- Local, fresh fruits and vegetables. These can be used to add flavor and nutritional benefits to your drink.
- Local, fresh, herbs and spices. These can be used to add flavor and aroma to your drink.
- High-quality cannabis. This is the most important ingredient! Make sure to use high-quality cannabis or cannabis products from your local Zen Leaf dispensary.
Now that you’re properly informed, it’s time to get started on your cannabis drink recipes. Below are a few summer- and locally inspired favorites to get you started.
Cannabis Drink Recipes For Summer
Like many popular cocktails, many cannabis-infused beverages require simple syrup. A wonderful way to kick-start a summer gathering is by making your own cannabis simple syrup you can add to a variety of summer drink recipes.