The Best Edible Recipes for Summer
Summertime is finally here, and what better way to celebrate all that comes with the season—sunshine, cookouts, beach days—than with some delicious cannabis-infused summer staples? If you’re looking to take your BBQ up a notch this summer, we’ve got plenty of creative summer edible recipes full of flavor, and a dose of THC, of course.
And don't forget, whether you're cooking in a recreational state for others or in a medical state for yourself: always clearly label your homemade edibles as containing cannabis!
A Tip for Making the Best Edibles
When making edibles, it may seem like it's as simple as tossing cannabis into a staple recipe. While this is possible for some recipes with the use of tinctures, many of the best edibles recipes will call for an infused carrier oil. Infusing an oil like olive oil, coconut oil, or even butter, is a key first step. Cannabinoids are fat-soluble compounds, meaning they bind to fats and oils more readily than to water. By infusing cannabis into oil or butter, you create a medium that maximizes the absorption of cannabinoids, and relatively evenly disperses them throughout the oil, and therefore the finished product. This makes them more bioavailable for the body to absorb when consuming the infused oil or butter in your edibles.
For more infusion details, including a detailed step-by-step breakdown of the process, take a look at our post: Cooking With Cannabis: Cannabutter and Edibles for Beginners. If you're ready to get cooking, let's dig into the recipes!
Cannabis-Infused Watermelon Salad
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 20 mg THC tincture (ml depends on tincture strength)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 c seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 c cucumber, chopped
- 2 c feta
- 1/2 c red onion, sliced
- 1 c mint, coarsely chopped
- Prepare vegetables, fruits, and herbs by cubing, chopping, and slicing
- Combine THC Tincture, olive oil, and red wine vinegar
- Toss all ingredients (except feta, if you have any vegan guests!) together thoroughly to ensure an even distribution of your liquid mixture
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour, then enjoy!
Candied Kief Bacon
- 1 pack thick-cut bacon
- Your desired dose of decarbed kief (find decarbing tips here)
- 1/4 c and 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- A dash of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the 1/4 c brown sugar and maple syrup together; in a separate small bowl, combine 1 tbsp brown sugar, and a dash of salt and pepper
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place a cooling rack on top
- Lay bacon evenly along the sheet, then brush with brown sugar and maple syrup mixture
- Sprinkle your desired dose of kief onto each piece of bacon; follow with a sprinkle of the brown sugar, salt and pepper mixture
- Bake your bacon at 350°F for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the bacon get brown and crispy
Dank Chicago Dogs
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 4 tbsp yellow mustard
- 4 tbsp green pickle relish
- 4 tbsp chopped onion
- 8 tomato wedges
- 4 dill pickle
- 8 sport peppers
- A dash of celery salt per Chicago dog
- Hot dog buns, with poppyseed
- 4 tbsp cannabutter
- Grill all-beef hot dogs to your liking
- While the dogs are grilling, brush the inside of each bun with 1 tbsp cannabutter (or preferred dose) and toast
- After the hot dogs have finished grilling and the buns toasting, put your Chicago dog together, piling toppings in the measurements suggested or to taste
- 2 graham crackers
- 1 large marshmallow
- Unwrap your Encore Edible chocolate and place it between the graham crackers
- Toast your marshmallow to your desired texture
- Pinch the marshmallow between the chocolate-graham cracker sandwich and enjoy!
- 3 c sweet cherries (fresh is preferred, but frozen works, too!)
- 2 tbsp lime juice (fresh is preferred, but bottle works, too!)
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Maraschino cherry syrup
- Desired dose of cannabis tincture (be sure to calculate the total mg, adding each dose per pot popsicle)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth
- Pour fruit mixture into popsicle molds
- Freeze for 5-6 hours, then enjoy!
Become a Homemade Edibles Expert
Our roundup of the best edible recipes for summer is just the start of our online cannabis cookbook. Make sure to bookmark these for your next edible adventure:
- Tips for Making Edibles at Home, a post dedicated to the top tips and tricks for making the best homemade edibles
- Cannabis Drink Recipes for Summer, because edibles don't have to be just food. Explore infused beverages this summer for an elevated way to cool down!
- Vegan Cannabis-Infused Sweets, because not everyone consumes dairy, we've curated a list of our favorite vegan recipes for our vegan friends
And don't forget to visit your local Zen Leaf Dispensary for all your infusing needs!
Digital Content Manager for MÜV Florida and Zen Leaf Dispensaries. A cannabis connoisseur with a passion for explaining the miraculous possibility of the plant, Swan began her journey with cannabis as a recreational user and quickly realized its positive impact on her depression and severe anxiety. She joined the cannabis industry as Receptionist and MedTender and witnessed first-hand the immense potential of the plant for a wide variety of ailments, deepening her passion for alternative medicine. Swan is dedicated to self-education on the plant and sharing its potential with all. She holds a Journalism degree from the University of Iowa.
If you’re looking for a creative way to cheer on your favorite team this year, why not throw an unforgettable cannabis-themed football party?
Get ready for the Big Game with Zen-favorite edible recipes! These Big Game edibles are sure to elevate your viewing.